Indentation size effect for spherical nanoindentation on nanoporous gold
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Indentation size effect for spherical nanoindentation on nanoporous gold
- Kim, Young-Cheon; Gwak, Eun-Ji; Ahn, Seung-Min; Kang, Na-Ri; Han, Heung Nam; Jang, Jae-il; Kim, Ju-Young
- Nanoporous gold; Nanoindentation; Porous materials; Hardness; Indentation size effect
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.143, no., pp.10 - 14
- We find that the indentation size effect (ISE) occurs during spherical indentation on nanoporous gold (np-Au). The hardness increases as the indenter radius decreases at a fixed representative strain. We prepare np-Au samples with a ligament size of 26 nm by free-corrosion dealloying and perform multiple spherical nanoindentations with nominal indenter radii of 4, 12, and 50 μm. A nanomechanics model for the ISE during spherical indentation is developed, and the model accurately describes the hardness depending on the indenter radius. We also correlate the ISE trends of spherical and Berkovich indentations along with their differences in terms of the representative strain and the indentation work.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.