A new adaptive weighted essentially non-oscillatory WENO-θ scheme for hyperbolic conservation laws
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A new adaptive weighted essentially non-oscillatory WENO-θ scheme for hyperbolic conservation laws
- Jung, Chang-Yeol; Nguyen, Thien Binh
- Hyperbolic conservation laws; Euler equations; Shock-capturing methods; Weighted essentially non-oscillatory (WENO) schemes; Adaptive upwind-central schemes; Smoothness indicators
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS, v.328, no., pp.314 - 339
- A new adaptive weighted essentially non-oscillatory WENO-θ scheme in the context of finite difference is proposed. Depending on the smoothness of the large stencil used in the reconstruction of the numerical flux, a parameter θ is set adaptively to switch the scheme between a 5th-order upwind and 6th-order central discretization. A new indicator τθ measuring the smoothness of the large stencil is chosen among two candidates which are devised based on the possible highest-order variations of the reconstruction polynomials in L2 sense. In addition, a new set of smoothness indicators β̃k of the substencils is introduced. These are constructed in a central sense with respect to the Taylor expansions around the point xj. Numerical results show that the new scheme outperforms other comparing 6th-order WENO schemes in terms of improving the resolution at critical regions of nonsmooth problems as well as maintaining symmetry in the solutions.
- Go to Link;
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.