High-Affinity-Assisted Nanoscale Alloys as Remarkable Bifunctional Catalyst for Alcohol Oxidation and Oxygen Reduction Reactions
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- High-Affinity-Assisted Nanoscale Alloys as Remarkable Bifunctional Catalyst for Alcohol Oxidation and Oxygen Reduction Reactions
- Tiwari, Jitendra N.; Lee, Wang Geun; Sultan, Siraj; Yousuf, Muhammad; Harzandi, Ahmad M.; Vij, Varun; Kim, Kwang S.
- bifunctional catalyst; ethanol oxidation reaction; graphene oxide; methanol oxidation reaction; oxygen reduction reaction; Pt− Pd alloy
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.11, no.8, pp.7729 - 7735
- A key challenge in developing fuel cells is the fabrication of low-cost electrocatalysts with high activity and long durability for the two half-reactions, i.e., the methanol/ethanol oxidation reaction (MOR/EOR) and the oxygen reduction reaction (ORR). Herein, we report a conductivity-enhanced bifunctional electrocatalyst of nanoscale-coated Pt-Pd alloys on both tin-doped indium (TDI) and reduced graphene oxide (rGO), denoted as Pt-Pd@TDI/rGO. The mass activities of Pt in the Pt-Pd@TDI/rGO hybrid toward MOR, EOR, and ORR are 2590, 1500, and 2690 mA/mg, respectively. The ORR Pt specific activity and mass activity of the electrocatalyst are 17 and 28 times larger, respectively, than commercial Pt/C catalysts. All these remarkable catalytic performances are attributed to the role of TDI in enhancing the catalytic activity,by protecting Pt from oxidation as well as rapid mass/charge transfer due to the synergistic effect between surface Pt-Pd alloys and TDI/rGO.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.