Macroporous Inverse Opal-like MoXC with Incorporated Mo Vacancies for Significantly Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Macroporous Inverse Opal-like MoXC with Incorporated Mo Vacancies for Significantly Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution
- Li, Feng; Zhao, Xianglong; Mahmood, Jawed; Okyay, Mahmut Salt; Jung, Sun-Min; Ahmad, Ishfaq; Kim, Seok-Jin; Han, Gao-Feng; Park, Noejung; Baek, Jong-Beom
- binding energy; hydrogen evolution; inverse opal; Mo vacancies; molybdenum carbide
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.11, no.7, pp.7527 - 7533
- The hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) is one of the most important pathways for producing pure and clean hydrogen. Although platinum (Pt) is the most efficient HER electrocatalyst, its practical application is significantly hindered by high cost and scarcity. In this work, an MoxS with incorporated Mo vacancies and macroporous inverse opal-like (IOL) structure (MoxC-IOL) was synthesized and studied as a low-cost efficient HER electrocatalyst. The macroporous IOL structure was controllably fabricated using a facile-hard template strategy. As a result of the combined benefits of the Mo vacancies and structural advantages, including appropriate hydrogen binding energy, large exposed surface, robust IOL structure and fast mass/charge transport, the synthesized MoxC-IOL exhibited significantly enhanced HER electrocatalytic performance with good stability, with performance comparable or superior to Pt wire in both acidic and alkaline solutions.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.