Self-similarity in the structure of coarsened nanoporous gold
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Self-similarity in the structure of coarsened nanoporous gold
- Jeon, Hansol; Kang, Na-Ri; Gwak, Eun-Ji; Jang, Jae-il; Han, Heung Nam; Hwang, Jun Yeon; Lee, Sukbin; Kim, Ju-Young
- Annealing; 3D reconstruction; Focused ion beam (FIB); Cellular materials; Nanoporous gold
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.137, no., pp.46 - 49
- Nanoporous gold (np-Au) samples of ligament sizes 68.6, 248.6, 462.9, and 710.9 nm are prepared by heat treatment, and representative volumes are reconstructed by focused ion beam (FIB) tomography. The increase in relative density by thermal coarsening is not pronounced. We analyze the distribution of ligament size, surface-to-volume ratio, and scaled connectivity density for coarsened np-Au, revealing that np-Au coarsens in a self-similar way. The measured activation energy for thermal coarsening supports that it is accomplished by surface diffusion of Au.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.