Precise out-vacuum proton beam monitoring system based on vibrating wire
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Precise out-vacuum proton beam monitoring system based on vibrating wire
- Aginian, M. A.; Arutunian, S. G.; Cho, D.; Chung, Moses; Harutyunyan, G. S.; Kim, S. -Y.; Lazareva, E. G.; Margaryan, A. V.
- KOMAC; proton beam; vibrating wire monitor
- Issue Date
- ALLERTON PRESS INC
- JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY PHYSICS-ARMENIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, v.52, no.2, pp.110 - 120
- As an instrument for Korea Multi-purpose Accelerator Complex (KOMAC) facility proton beam profiling, a vibrating wire monitor (VWM) has been installed and tested at TR23 target room. Experiments were done at very low (100 nA) beam current conditions. At the number of particles about 10(11) proton/train and trains repetition rate of 0.1 Hz we have measured the beam profile by a few scanning steps. The experience accumulated in these experiments turned out to be useful for the VWM upgrades (e. g. understanding interactions of protons with wire materials and heat transfer processes) and will be particularly helpful for the KOMAC beam halo measurements in the future high-current operation.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.