Controlled Folding of Single Crystal Graphene
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Controlled Folding of Single Crystal Graphene
- Wang, Bin; Huang, Ming; Kim, Na Yeon; Cunning, Benjamin V.; Huang, Yuan; Qu, Deshun; Chen, Xianjue; Jin, Sunghwan; Biswal, Mandakini; Zhang, Xu; Lee, Sun Hwa; Lim, Hyunseob; Yoo, Won Jong; Lee, Zonghoon; Ruoff, Rodney S.
- fold; Graphene; single crystal; twisted bilayer
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.17, no.3, pp.1467 - 1473
- Folded graphene in which two layers are stacked with a twist angle between them has been predicted to exhibit unique electronic, thermal, and magnetic properties. We report the folding of a single crystal monolayer graphene film grown on a Cu(111) substrate by using a tailored substrate having a hydrophobic region and a hydrophilic region. Controlled film delamination from the hydrophilic region was used to prepare macroscopic folded graphene with good uniformity on the millimeter scale. This process was used to create many folded sheets each with a defined twist angle between the two sheets. By identifying the original lattice orientation of the monolayer graphene on Cu foil, or establishing the relation between the fold angle and twist angle, this folding technique allows for the preparation of twisted bilayer graphene films with defined stacking orientations and may also be extended to create folded structures of other two-dimensional nanomaterials.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.