Role of alloyed Y in improving the corrosion resistance of extruded Mg-Al-Ca-based alloy
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Role of alloyed Y in improving the corrosion resistance of extruded Mg-Al-Ca-based alloy
- Baek, Soo-Min; Kang, Jeong Su; Shin, Hyung-Joon; Yim, Chang Dong; You, Bong Sun; Ha, Heon-Young; Park, Sung Soo
- A. Alloy; A. Magnesium; B. Weight loss; C. Pitting corrosion
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CORROSION SCIENCE, v.118, no., pp.227 - 232
- We report that alloying with Y remarkably enhances the corrosion resistance of extruded Mg-Al-Ca-based alloy. The corrosion rates, measured by immersion tests in 0.6M NaCl solution at 25°C, were 0.31 and 1.84mmy-1 for the Mg-6Al-1Zn-0.5Ca-0.3Mn (wt.%) alloys with and without 0.25wt.% Y, respectively. The improved corrosion resistance is mainly attributed to a change in the type of Al-containing intermetallic particles toward reducing their electrochemical nobility, resulting in reduced H2 evolution rate during corrosion.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.