Ultraconcentrated sodium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide-based electrolytes for high-performance sodium metal batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Ultraconcentrated sodium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide-based electrolytes for high-performance sodium metal batteries
- Lee, Jaegi; Lee, Yongwon; Lee, Jeongmin; Lee, Sang-Min; Choi, Jeong-Hee; Kim, Hyungsub; Kwon, Mi-Sook; Kang, Kisuk; Lee, Kyu Tae; Choi, Nam-Soon
- high-voltage cathodes; interfaces; liquid electrolytes; sodium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide; sodium metal batteries
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.9, no.4, pp.3723 - 3732
- We present an ultraconcentrated electrolyte composed of 5 M sodium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide in 1,2-dimethoxyethane for Na metal anodes coupled with high-voltage cathodes. Using this electrolyte, a very high Coulombic efficiency of 99.3% at the 120th cycle for Na plating/stripping is obtained in Na/stainless steel (SS) cells with highly reduced corrosivity toward Na metal and high oxidation durability (over 4.9 V versus Na/Na+) without corrosion of the aluminum cathode current collector. Importantly, the use of this ultraconcentrated electrolyte results in substantially improved rate capability in Na/SS cells and excellent cycling performance in Na/Na symmetric cells without the increase of polarization. Moreover, this ultraconcentrated electrolyte exhibits good compatibility with high-voltage Na4Fe3(PO4)2(P2Ov7) and Na0.7(Fe0.5Mn0.5)O2 cathodes charged to high voltages (>4.2 V versus Na/Na+), resulting in outstanding cycling stability (high reversible capacity of 109 mAh g-1 over 300 cycles for the Na/Na4Fe3(PO4)2(P2O7) cell) compared with the conventional dilute electrolyte, 1 M NaPF6 in ethylene carbonate/propylene carbonate (5/5, v/v).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.