High-Performance MoS2/CuO Nanosheet-on-One-Dimensional Heterojunction Photodetectors
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- High-Performance MoS2/CuO Nanosheet-on-One-Dimensional Heterojunction Photodetectors
- Um, Doo-Seung; Lee, Youngsu; Lim, Seongdong; Park, Seungyoung; Lee, Hochan; Ko, Hyunhyub
- CuO nanowire; MoS2; nanosheet-on-1D heterojunction; photodetector; wet-transfer printing
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.8, no.49, pp.33955 - 33962
- van der Waals heterostructures based on stacked two-dimensional (2D) materials provide novel device structures enabling high-performance electronic and optoelectronic devices. While 2D–2D or 2D–bulk heterostructures have been largely explored for fundamental understanding and novel device applications, 2D–one-dimensional (1D) heterostructures have been rarely studied because of the difficulty in achieving high-quality heterojunctions between 2D and 1D structures. In this study, we introduce nanosheet-on-1D van der Waals heterostructure photodetectors based on a wet-transfer printing of a MoS2 nanosheet on top of a CuO nanowire (NW). MoS2/CuO nanosheet-on-1D photodetectors show an excellent photocurrent rectification ratio with an ideality factor of 1.37, which indicates the formation of an atomically sharp interface and a high-quality heterojunction in the MoS2/CuO heterostructure by wet-transfer-enhanced van der Waals bonding. Furthermore, nanosheet-on-1D heterojunction photodetectors exhibit excellent photodetection capabilities with an ultrahigh photoresponsivity (∼157.6 A/W), a high rectification ratio (∼6000 at ±2 V), a low dark current (∼38 fA at −2 V), and a fast photoresponse time (∼34.6 and 51.9 ms of rise and decay time), which cannot be achievable with 1D-on-nanosheet heterojunction photodetectors. The wet-transfer printing of nanosheet-on-1D heterostructures introduced in this study provides a robust platform for the fundamental study of various combinations of 2D-on-1D heterostructures and their applications in novel heterojunction devices.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.