A Multi-Purpose Fingerprint Readout Circuit Embedding Physiological Signal Detection
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Multi-Purpose Fingerprint Readout Circuit Embedding Physiological Signal Detection
- Eom, Won-Jin; Kim, Sung-Woo; Park, Kyeonghwan; Bien, Franklin; Kim, Jae Joon
- Multi-sensor interface; fingerprint sensor; physiological sensor; readout integrated circuit, dual-mode operation
- Issue Date
- IEEK PUBLICATION CENTER
- JOURNAL OF SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE, v.16, no.6, pp.793 - 799
- A multi-purpose sensor interface that provides dual-mode operation of fingerprint sensing and physiological signal detection is presented. The dual-mode sensing capability is achieved by utilizing inter-pixel shielding patterns as capacitive amplifier’s input electrodes. A prototype readout circuit including a fingerprint panel for feasibility verification was fabricated in a 0.18 mm CMOS process. A single-channel readout circuit was implemented and multiplexed to scan two- dimensional fingerprint pixels, where adaptive calibration capability against pixel-capacitance variations was also implemented. Feasibility of the proposed multi-purpose interface was experimentally verified keeping low-power consumption less than 1.9 mW under a 3.3 V supply.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.