Comment on "ribosome utilizes the minimum free energy changes to achieve the highest decoding rate and fidelity"
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Comment on "ribosome utilizes the minimum free energy changes to achieve the highest decoding rate and fidelity"
- Savir, Yonatan; Tlusty, Tsvi
- TRANSFER-RNA SELECTION; TRANSLATION; RECOGNITION; DISCRIMINATION; MECHANISMS; LEVEL
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW E, v.93, no.5, pp.056401 -
- We examined [Y. Savir and T. Tlusty, Cell 153, 471 (2013)10.1016/j.cell.2013.03.032] the decoding performance of tRNA by the ribosome. For this purpose, we specified the kinetics of tRNA decoding and the corresponding energy landscape, from which we calculated the steady-state decoding rate RC. Following our work, Xie reexamined [P. Xie, Phys. Rev. E 92, 022716 (2015)10.1103/PhysRevE.92.022716] the energy landscape of tRNA decoding. His analysis relies on an alternative expression for RC, while claiming that the expression we use is missing some terms. In this Comment we rederive in detail our expression for the steady-state decoding rate RC, show they hold, explain why the alternative expression for RC is inaccurate, and discuss the underlying intuition.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.