Influence of Ca-doping in layered perovskite PrBaCo2O5+delta on the phase transition and cathodic performance of a solid oxide fuel cell
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Influence of Ca-doping in layered perovskite PrBaCo2O5+delta on the phase transition and cathodic performance of a solid oxide fuel cell
- Lim, Chaehyun; Jun, Areum; Jo, Hongil; Ok, Kang Min; Shin, Jeeyoung; Ju, Young-Wan; Kim, Guntae
- ELECTRICAL-PROPERTIES; EXCHANGE KINETICS; OXYGEN; SOFCS; SEGREGATION; MODEL; X=0; SR
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRYROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.4, no.17, pp.6479 - 6486
- Layered perovskite oxides with the formula LnBaCo(2)O(5+delta) (Ln = Pr, Nd, Sm and Gd) have received attention as promising cathode materials for solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) because of their high oxygen diffusion and surface exchange coefficients. Recently, many researchers have reported that substituting barium with strontium or calcium can increase the structural stability, electrical conductivity, and catalytic activity of LnBaCo(2)O(5+delta). In this study, we investigated the effect of Ca doping on the structural, electrical, and electrochemical properties of PrBa1-xCaxCo2O5+delta (x = 0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4). Increasing the amount of Ca dopant changed the structure of PrBa1-xCaxCo2O5+delta from a layered perovskite to a simple perovskite. At x = 0.3, co-existence of the simple and the layered perovskite structure is observed. Electrical conductivity and electro-chemical performance were improved with increasing amount of Ca in the layered perovskite structure and declined with increasing amount of the simple perovskite phase.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.