Study on statistical breakdown delay time in argon gas using a W-band millimeter-wave gyrotron
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Study on statistical breakdown delay time in argon gas using a W-band millimeter-wave gyrotron
- Kim, Dongsung; Kim, Sung Gug; Sawant, Ashwini; Yu, Dongho; Choe, MunSeok; Choi, EunMi
- Electric field effects; Electric fields; Millimeter waves; Monte Carlo methods; Plasma simulation Electric-field amplitude; Millimeter-wave gyrotrons; Monte Carlo collision; Particle-in-cell simulations; Plasma initiation; Statistical delays; Threshold electric fields; W-band frequencies
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- PHYSICS OF PLASMAS, v.23, no.4, pp.043505 -
- In this study, we investigated plasma initiation delay times for argon volume breakdown at the W-band frequency regime. The threshold electric field is defined as the minimum electric field amplitude needed for plasma breakdown at various pressures. The measured statistical delay time showed an excellent agreement with the theoretical Gaussian distribution and the theoretically estimated formative delay time. Also, we demonstrated that the normalized effective electric field as a function of the product of pressure and formative time shows an outstanding agreement to that of 1D particle-in-cell simulation coupled with a Monte Carlo collision model.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.