Enhanced Power Conversion Efficiency of Polymer Solar Cells Through the Use of 4-Fluorobenzonitrile as an Additive
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Enhanced Power Conversion Efficiency of Polymer Solar Cells Through the Use of 4-Fluorobenzonitrile as an Additive
- Woo, Sungho; Kwon, Hyeok Yong; Jeong, Seonju; Lee, Sang Ju; Park, Lee Soon; Kim, Youngkyoo; Han, Yoon Soo
- PHOTOVOLTAIC CELLS; INTERPENETRATING NETWORK; MORPHOLOGY; POLY(3-HEXYLTHIOPHENE); METHANOFULLERENES; PERFORMANCE; FILMS; 4-Fluorobenzonitrile; Additive; Thermal Annealing; Polymer Solar Cell; P3HT; PCBM
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOELECTRONICS AND OPTOELECTRONICS, v.6, no.3, pp.338 - 342
- In this work, 4-fluorobenzonitrile (4-FBN) was introduced as a new additive compound into the photoactive layer of a polymer solar cell (PSC) based on a poly(3-hexylthiophene):[6,6]-phenyl-C-61-butyric acid methyl ester (P3HT:PCBM) blend system. The incorporation of 4-FBN allowed both increased light absorption (pi-pi* transition efficiency) in the visible region and enhanced X-ray diffraction peak of (100), which is attributed to the enhanced crystallinity of the P3HT chains, leading to a higher short-circuit current (J(sc)) and fill factor (FF). Thus, the overall efficiency of the annealed PSCs was considerably improved from 3.57% (without 4-FBN) to 4.41% (with 4-FBN)
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.