Robust compliant motion control of robot with nonlinear friction using time delay estimation
Cited 50 times inCited 56 times in
- Robust compliant motion control of robot with nonlinear friction using time delay estimation
- Jin, Maolin; Kang, Sang Hoon; Chang, Pyung Hun
- Compliant motion control; Friction; Hard nonlinearity; Impedance control; Time-delay control (TDC)
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, v.55, no.1, pp.258 - 269
- A simple robust compliant-motion-control technique is presented for a robot manipulator with nonlinear friction. The control technique incorporates both time-delay-estimation technique and ideal velocity feedback; the former is used to cancel out soft nonlinearities, and the latter serves to reduce the effect of hard nonlinearities, including Coulomb friction and stiction. The proposed controller has a simple structure and yet provides good online friction compensation without modeling friction. The robustness of the proposed method has been confirmed through comparisons with other controllers in 2-DOF SCARA-type industrial robot experiments. © 2008 IEEE.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.