Spectroscopic characterization of biochemical states of myoglobin in beef in different environments
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Spectroscopic characterization of biochemical states of myoglobin in beef in different environments
- Kim, Jae-Kwang; Song, Eun Kyoung; Park, Tae Joo; Kim, Chang-Joon
- Myoglobin; Absorption spectroscopy; Fluorescence spectroscopy; Biochemistry
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY, v.28, no., pp.302 - 306
- The two states of myoglobin (Mb) in beef were firstly investigated using a spectrophotometer. Oxymyoglobin (Oxy-Mb) and metmyoglobin (Met-Mb) coexist in the primary beef, where the amount of each type determines the color of the beef. In this study, the influence of denaturing agents and pH on Mb was examined using fluorescence spectrometers to observe the behavior (folding and unfolding) of Mb as a function of different concentrations of denaturing agents (GuHCl and Urea) and different pH values. The unfolding of Mb is increased with an increasing concentration of denaturing agents. However, the unfolding decreases with an increase in pH, in accordance with its natural behavior.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.