Numerical estimation on free electrons generated by shielded radioactive materials under various gaseous environments
Cited 0 times inCited 1 times in
- Numerical estimation on free electrons generated by shielded radioactive materials under various gaseous environments
- Kim, D. S.; Lee, W. S.; So, J. H.; Choi, EunMi
- Atomic numbers; Free electron; Function of pressure; Gaseous environments; High energy gamma rays; Monte Carlo transport code; Numerical estimation; Scattering mechanisms
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- AIP ADVANCES, v.3, no.6, pp.1 - 9
- We report simulation results on generation of free electrons due to the presence of radioactive materials under controlled pressure and gases using a general Monte Carlo transport code (MCNPX). A radioactive material decays to lower atomic number, simultaneously producing high energy gamma rays that can generate free electrons via various scattering mechanisms. This paper shows detailed simulation works for answering how many free electrons can be generated under the existence of shielded radioactive materials as a function of pressure and types of gases.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.