Higher order mode generation in millimeter wave regime by directly launched fundamental mode
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Higher order mode generation in millimeter wave regime by directly launched fundamental mode
- Choe, Mun Seok; Choi, EunMi
- F-band; Frequency ranges; Fundamental modes; Gyrotron amplifiers; Higher-order modes; mode generation; Mode generator; Mode suppression
- Issue Date
- MICROWAVE AND OPTICAL TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, v.56, no.7, pp.1648 - 1651
- We report on a novel method to generate higher order modes in the frequency range of millimeter and submillimeter wave regime. The method uses magnetic coupling scheme between waveguide fundamental mode and a cavity mode. A TE 62 mode at W-band was considered for design using the proposed scheme. The suggested method simplifies a mode generator design allowing direct feeding via a standard fundamental waveguide and also provides a compact mode generator to design extremely higher order mode in a cavity. In addition, it opens a new and novel way to develop high power high gain gyrotron amplifiers at millimeter and submillimeter wave regime.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.